A Powerful Lesson on Value,

Have you ever noticed how differently you treat things based on how much you value them?

This simple yet profound realization can completely change how you approach not just material possessions—but relationships, opportunities, and even yourself.

Let me tell you a story that might feel surprisingly familiar.

The ₹100 Sunglasses Habit

For years, I used to buy those ₹100 sunglasses from roadside vendors.
You’ve seen them—stylish enough, cheap enough, and easily replaceable.

And every time I bought a pair, I had the same thought:

“Why spend more? I’m probably going to lose them anyway.”

And guess what? I always did.

Lost them in cabs.
Forgot them at cafés.
Sat on them. Broke them.
Repeat.

It became a pattern I never questioned.

The ₹5,000 Turning Point

One day, I decided to do something different.
Something uncomfortable.

I bought a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses for ₹5,000.

It felt risky. Almost unnecessary.

But something unexpected happened…

I didn’t lose them.

Not once.

I carried them carefully.
Stored them properly.
Cleaned them regularly.
I respected them.

And that’s when it hit me:

Those ₹100 sunglasses weren’t getting lost because they were cheap.
They were getting lost because I didn’t value them enough to care.

The Deeper Truth We Avoid

This realization goes far beyond sunglasses.

It reveals a hard truth:

We don’t take care of what we don’t truly value.

And sometimes…
in someone else’s life—

we are the ₹100 sunglasses.

When You’re Treated Like You’re Replaceable

Think about it.

  • People who cancel plans with you casually
  • Conversations where you’re half-listened to
  • Relationships where effort feels one-sided
  • Opportunities where your contribution is overlooked

It doesn’t always mean you lack worth.

Sometimes, it simply means:

They haven’t assigned you value.

And people rarely protect what they think is easily replaceable.

The Psychology of Value

Human behavior is deeply tied to perceived value.

When something is:

  • Cheap → It feels replaceable
  • Expensive → It feels important
  • Earned → It feels meaningful

But here’s the twist:

Value is rarely about price. It’s about perception.

And perception shapes behavior.

What This Means for Your Life

1. Stop Undervaluing Yourself

If you constantly make yourself too available, too accommodating, or too easy to replace—

People will treat you that way.

Not out of cruelty, but out of conditioning.

2. Raise Your Standards

Just like the ₹5,000 sunglasses changed behavior, your standards change how others treat you.

  • Respect your time
  • Set boundaries
  • Walk away when needed

When you value yourself, others are forced to reconsider your worth.

3. Invest in What Matters

Whether it’s:

  • Skills
  • Relationships
  • Health
  • Personal growth

The more you invest, the more you care.

And the more you care, the less likely you are to “lose” it.

4. Be Honest About Where You Stand in Others’ Lives

Not everyone sees you as irreplaceable.

And that’s okay.

But don’t ignore the signs.

If someone treats you like ₹100 sunglasses, don’t keep trying to prove you’re worth ₹5,000.

Instead, choose environments where your value is recognized.

The Final Lesson

The story isn’t really about sunglasses.

It’s about awareness.

You don’t lose things because they’re cheap.
You lose them because you never truly valued them.

And the same applies to how people treat you—and how you treat yourself.

Ask Yourself This Today

  • What am I not valuing enough in my life?
  • Where am I being treated as replaceable?
  • And most importantly…
    Am I treating myself like ₹100—or ₹5,000?

Conclusion: Know Your Worth, Then Act Like It

Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to recognize it.

But your life does change when you start recognizing it.

So raise your standards.
Protect your energy.
And never forget—

You were never meant to be someone’s ₹100 sunglasses.